The promoting entities of GIFT city are:
Gujarat Urban Development Company Limited (GUDCL)
GUDCL is the designated agency of Government of Gujarat to facilitate urban development by assisting state government and other agencies in formulation of policy, institutional capacity building, project implementation; to assist in raising funds from multilateral agencies for various projects to facilitate sustainable development of urban areas, both new and existing, in order to achieve high living standards and growth of economic activities.
Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Ltd (IL&FS)
Incorporated in 1987, the business architecture of IL&FS focuses on providing services in development of Core Infrastructure. Areas suitably complemented with an array of Financial Services. The various businesses are conducted through subsidiaries with IL&FS being a principal shareholder in each.
IL&FS has been promoted by the Central Bank of India (CBI), Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC) and Unit Trust of India (UTI). Over the years, IL&FS has broad-based its shareholding and inducted Institutional shareholders including State Bank of India, Life Insurance Corporation of India, ORIX Corporation, Japan and Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.
Can we do domestic transactions from GIFT City?
GIFT City has two Zones: 1. Domestic and 2. Special Economic Zone (SEZ). All the domestic (Rupee denominated) transactions can be undertaken from GIFT domestic area.
What is the existing infrastructure available in GIFT?
Presently, GIFT City houses two state-of-the-art towers which are one of the tallest buildings in the state of Gujarat.
Following are some of the unique infrastructure available at GIFT City:
- Data Centre: A state of the art certified TIER IV Green Data Centre by Tata Communications with a capacity of 900 Racks is up and running
- Automated Waste Collection System (AWCS): AWCS and Segregation Plant is one of the unique next class infrastructure planned in GIFT City. It will maximise resource recovery/Minimal emissions, Minimise impact on environment, human intervention, space requirement, impact on health hazard and no waste visibility which will make city clean, green and healthy.
- Water: GIFT City is zero discharge city, water is drinkable from any tap.
- Power: GIFT City ensures 99.999% power reliability.
- ICT: GIFT City is connected with a fault tolerant optical fibre ring Infrastructure. The connectivity in GIFT City is provided by four major telecommunication service providers. GIFT uses advance of technology in form of unique IoT (Internet of Things) based C-4 (City & Command Control Centre) to monitor and manage city Infrastructure.
- District Cooling System: District Cooling System is introduced first time in India for any commercial use. The chilled water will be supplied till building level and it will reduce energy and maintenance cost, reduce noise & vibrations, improve quality.
- Utility Tunnel: All utility services except gas and sewerage from plants to various buildings will be routed through utility tunnel only. GIFT is planned to develop Utility Tunnel through city including DTA & SEZ areas.